Friday, April 24, 2009

SketchUp Scenes in Google Earth

Scenes in SketchUp can be used for many things, but they're most commonly used to save camera views. If you have two or more scenes, you can create an animation.

I recently mentioned that SketchUp scenes also appear in Google Earth (see this post) - something I can't believe I didn't know about before (hey, nobody's perfect). This week, AECBytes published my article on this topic. For this article, I created a building in Washington, DC, made a few scenes relative to existing landmarks, and imported the model into Google Earth. This video (no audio, don't adjust your speakers) shows what's it all about:




If you give this a try yourself, and create an interesting tour in Google Earth, please let me know (bonnie@3dvinci.net). I'd love to post a few examples of what others come up with!

Anyone can design anything in 3D! www.3dvinci.net