Thursday, July 2, 2009

Restaurant Animation

I found this video on YouTube of a restaurant built in SketchUp, with animations of walk-through scenes.

There are few spots where the camera appears to pass through walls, but otherwise the animation is pretty smooth, and makes a nice presentation of this extremely detailed model (down to the bathroom stalls). Every shelf, light fixture, table, and appliance is included. Watching this is not really encouraging me to make dinner.

I couldn't find the model itself in the 3D Warehouse, but I'm guessing it would be too large to upload anyway (the Warehouse limit is 10 Mb). From the YouTube comments, it appears that this was for a course in Hospitality Management. I assume this modeler got an A, and will have no trouble getting a job after school ;-)

Anyone can design anything in 3D! www.3dvinci.net

No comments: