Friday, September 25, 2009

Photo in Frame: One Teacher's First Attempt in SketchUp

I got an email from a tech-ed teacher named "Mrs. V," who told me:
I tried your poster lesson for my VERY FIRST try at SketchUp. (Just myself, as a teacher/learner, not with a class.) I attached the drawing. It was fun and generally I had no problems with the directions for a first timer.
Here are her results:



Keep in mind that she had NEVER used SketchUp before, and was immediately able to create a room and group it, then import a photo and place a frame around it. Not bad for a first effort! Her blog about teaching technology is http://fivbert-technologyteacher.blogspot.com.

This wall poster project was included in our September set of SketchUp Projects of the Month. It can also be found online for free (PDF), for anyone who wants to see how these projects are set up. So far, we've heard only good feedback from our subscribers!



Anyone can design anything in 3D! www.3dvinci.net

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!




1 comment:

fivbert said...

Bonnie,
Thanks for including my "first try" in your blog.
It really was easy.
I wish I was in the classroom and able to use it with the students! Maybe soon!
Mrs. V
http://fivbert-technologyteacher.blogspot.com