Friday, September 4, 2009

Upcoming Book - SketchUp and Interior Design

The contract is now officially signed: I will be working on a textbook on SketchUp for interior design, to be published by Pearson / Prentice Hall. The book will be geared toward students in higher education. From what I hear, currently about 30% of all interior design students use SketchUp. A great textbook will help push that number closer to 100%!

My co-author will be my friend and colleague Annie Elliott of bossycolor interior design. Annie did the kitchen design in my house a few years ago, and I introduced her to SketchUp. She adopted SketchUp as her favorite design tool and hasn't looked back. So she'll be the creative force in the book - I'll rely on her to tell me if the end table I choose for a living room is in horrible taste (if left on my own, the whole room would probably look awful - I'm an engineer for Pete's sake). Annie has a fun and interesting blog; check it out.

Don't line up at your bookstore just yet; the book probably won't hit shelves till late 2010 or early 2011. But it'll be well worth the wait!


Anyone can design anything in 3D! www.3dvinci.net

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!




1 comment:

Shannon said...

That is great. We briefly learned sketch up in college but I wish we could have went deeper into the program. My friend swears by sketch up.