Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Want a MakerBot Replicator

3D printing is all the buzz today. When I started looking at Tinkercad, I saw examples of models printed out in the MakerBot Replicator, this cool-looking machine shown here:
I recently read a couple of blog posts about kids using this machine to print out things they've designed.:

Big Kids, Small Kids, and 3D Printing

Smart Kids and 3D Printers

I will be at MakerBot's office at the end of this month, and hope to see a cool dog-and-pony show. I want to watch this thing in action, and not just on YouTube. Imagine how cool it would be to take this thing around to schools, libraries, fab labs, and watch kids produce what appears in their imaginations.

I'll keep you posted!



Anyone can design anything in 3D! http://www.3dvinci.net/

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!


No comments: