Monday, December 23, 2013

My New House

Well a printed one, that is.

In SketchUp I modeled the house with window and door cutouts, then added the window and door frames to be printed separately. The roof (whose two pieces are sitting in the house), were also printed separately, in two halves that could be glued together but fit pretty well on their own.

The house itself took NINE hours to print, but the rest of the pieces were much faster.

I needed to snap pictures quickly, since my kids are itching to steal this house for their Lego Friends characters....

Anyone can design anything in 3D! http://www.3dvinci.net/

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi is very nice! Can you tell the price of printing that house?

Bonnie Roskes said...

Not sure how to figure out the cost - depends on how many a $30 spool could complete. Haven't tried it, but I'd guess I could make 10 more from a spool?